I don't want to belabor this but I do want to understand, this is sort of "science" so it therefore must be hard :-) All this assumes MAN mode which is what I run in.

1. There are defined band segments where the KAT500 stores matching solutions if trained, by antenna port.

2. If a band segment/port hasn't been "trained," the 500 will go to the nearest frequency for which a solution *has* been trained, regardless of where [freq] that might be.

3. I can train it in any segment I want to, likely based on the BW of my antennas and when I need to. If I don't train it in a segment, it doesn't matter, the 500 will still use the nearest match.

If this is all true, please tell me and I will be a Happy Ham! Actually I am now, it works.

I probably need to stop reading about everyones' problems.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org