Eric has permitted such announcements, but limits them to one a month.
You will see offers to build a K2 that come in that same category.

Personal comment -- I particularly like the 700 Hz CW filter in my K3. I got used to tuning the bands using a 700 Hz filter width in my K2, and opted for the 700 Hz roofing filter when it was offered. Yes, I find it nice for 'scouring the pileup' before switching to the narrower 400 Hz filter when listening to a pileup. YMMV, but it is an available option.

73,
Don W3FPR