David,

Just checked out your QTH -- with your 7 area call sign I was wondering if you
were nearby.  Well, Eugene is not that nearby for a casual trip over.  I am in
Kirkland, WA.

A friend of mine lives in that area and maybe you know of him.  His name is
Riley and his call sign is W7RIL.  We both took our Novice tests together back
in 1966 (North Bend, Oregon).

When I was considering a K3, I asked for volunteers on the Elecraft e-mail list
to host a visit for me to try a K3 up close.  I got dozens of replies and
visited three different guys who had K3s -- even though after playing with the
first K3 on my first visit I was sold.  I ordered my K3 about a week later
after I figured out exactly what I wanted to order.  If you order a K3, make
sure you read the Wayne and Eric note on their website about choosing filters.
Even though I got advice from others on the filters, I think I could have done
better.  In fact, I will be buying another filter soon (either the 200 or the
250 Hz filter, my narrowest right now is 400 Hz).

73, phil, K7PEH