ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 4/5/2014 8:58 AM, David Cole wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone point me at some resources to better understand why I want a
K3, as opposed to keeping my Icom 756 Pro III?

REPLY:

Pro: My favorite thing about the K3 is actually the panadaptor, the P3. Beats the pants off my previous IC-756Pro3 or my IC-7600.

Con: Very expensive for what you get. Other rigs with comparable features are much cheaper. Steep learning curve. The first week or two you'll have the radio in one hand, the manual in the other. It is overly complex, IMO, way too many menu options, half of which you won't understand and the other half you'll never use. OK, a slight exaggeration, but not that much.

Download the manual and read it over carefully first.

I don't have the blocking issue you have, so can't comment on that.

73, Bill W6WRT