I've got a KX3 that so far has only been used on CW or data, and have been
using fairly bulky Sony headphones with it. Those phones work fine, but aren't
exactly something I want to use in a portable / car camping environment.
Yesterday while at Fry's electronics I saw a lightweight headset with attached
mic that looked like a "junior" version of the Yamaha CM500 that I use with my
K3. It has a single, 4-connector TRRS plug.

Does anyone know of a supplier of an adapter that breaks out the mic and audio
into two separate cables/plugs like the CM500 has?

Or..... is there a lightweight "junior" version of the CM500 on the market -
one that has two separate cables: mic and phones?

Thanks, Jim / W6JHB