Guys (and ladies) -

I had asked about using an inexpensive headset with my KX3. Got a couple
replies off the list and wanted to share my results. I wound up purchasing an
AC-404 mic/headphone set at Amazon.com for the paltry sum of $15.40. The
package included a Y-adapter to break out the headphone audio and the mic
signal. Plugged them into the KX3, turned off the Mic Bias and bada-bing,
bada-boom - on the air. Followed the SSB setup instructions in the KE7X manual
and was making QSO's. Worked AB0ZAN in KS and KA0KXI in ND on 15 meters with 10
watts into an 88-foot long doublet at 45 feet. Both stations said my audio was
fine. Didn't knock their receivers off the desk with my 10 watts, but the
AC-404 headset worked fine. Feels fairly comfortable - a little tight on the
head, perhaps, but acceptable.

73, Jim / W6JHB