Jim -

Good quality BNC connectors can be had from Amphenol and AMP. I normally use AMP crimp-type connectors for BNC applications, have _never_ had one fail, and I purchase them by the hundreds. Takes only a few seconds to install one. One other good supplier of RF connectors is Kings. It has been a few years since I had to buy any, so I am assuming these suppliers still exist.

Having the correct tools to install these connectors is not a luxury, and yes, they are expensive. Here again, you tend to get what you pay for.

And you are correct, money spent on a good quality connector is never wasted. On the other hand, money spent on a cheap connector is almost always wasted.

- Jim, KL7CC