Jim,

It may not make a difference to performance on HF but it does matter because the centre pins have different diameters of solder pot / crimp barrel to match the cable impedance used. Also incorrectly mated connectors risk damage to their centre connectors by forcing the engagement. Use the correct connector for the cable in use.

73

Peter

G3SMT