Don't know where anyone got the idea that BNCs made for RG-8x we 75 ohm. I
worked in the tv industry for many years and we used hundreds of BNCs that were
made specifically for 75 ohm video. By the way, RG-59 not RG-79. Now days I
build hundreds of cables for RF out of rg-58 and rg-8x BNCs and they use 50 ohm
connectors not 75 ohm connectors. Remember that the impedance of coax is based
on the ratio of the center conductor to the outer conductor and if you compare
the 75 ohm connector you will see that the center pin is much smaller in
diameter.
Anyone need 200 silver plated 75 ohm BNCs?

Art

KC7GF
Rf Stuff.com