My K3-KAT500-KPA500 has been working fine for 5 weeks now. (added the KPA500 Nov. 10, 2014)

Last night I had to move some cables around with in the rats nest behind my K3. Unrelated cables, so I thought, they were for the VGA output for the P3 to add a data switch before the external monitor. After the move everything was still working just as it should. I shut down for the night.

When I turned everything on this morning the K-Line has started acting strange.

The K3 no longer flashes the KPA500 line across the VFO B window.

I have CONFIG: PWR SET = Per Band, *BUT* the K3 no longer has 2 power settings (one for KPA500 in op and one for KPA500 in stby)
However the KPA500 *does* change bands with the K3's change of Bands.

The K3 does flash the KAT500 line in the VFO B window.
The KAT500 does change antennas as related to the band it is on.
The KAT500 no longer knows I have moved the K3's frequency within a band, so no longer (pretunes) to that new frequency.
and Yes CONFIG: KAT3 shows KAT500y
The KAT500 tunes fine when it is in AUTO and sees rf.

I even went back to a previously saved K3 configuration.
I unseated and reseated the KAT500 to KAT500 Cable.

To summarize, I have lose the safety feature of the K3 knowing it has a KPA500 so it doesn't have 2 drive levels, and the KAT500 no longer pretunes to a new frequency when the K3 is moved to the new frequency within the same band.

Yet it seems some parts of the K-Line are still communicating with each other.

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
God Bless,
Sam Morgan