The only cables changed during my clean up were:
I removed the VGA cable from the P3 (the one that went to the external monitor)

I then took that end that had gone into the rear of the P3, and inserted it into a 4 way switchbox.

I then added a new VGA cable from the switchbox to the rear of the P3

==
at no time were any other cables unseated, removed, replaced, or otherwise messed with. (other than being lifted so the vga cable could be untangled from them if needed during the change over of the VGA P3 cable)