DEMI has a zipped PowerPoint presentation entitled "Interfacing Transverters
with the Elecraft K2 Transceiver".

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/K2.zip

I don't have a PP viewer installed to look at it, so I'm not sure if this is a
"better" solution than tying the TX and RX paths together in the K2.

Dave AA3EE