 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:11 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] My Number one reason for wanting to buy the K3S

On Wed,8/5/2015 5:54 AM, Jerry Moore wrote:
> I do wish I could obtain my K3S at lower cost but I understand supply vs
> demand and prices are always set at the highest level the market will bear.
> The prices reflect a high demand which I would expect to continue.

 From my perspective as a close observer and retired from running a
small business, it appears to me that Elecraft sets prices at the level
needed to stay in business while maintaining the quality of current and
future products and the quality of product support. Elecraft is owned by
two engineers, both of whom are moderately active on the ham bands. I've
seen Eric's home -- it's nice, but modest. I suspect the same of Wayne.
These are not your big biz moguls.

I own three K3s, three P3s, a KPA500, two KAT500s, and a loaded
KX3/KXPA100 rig. Two of those K3s are 2007 vintage, and one has been
serviced several times. The KPA500 was serviced last month. Service has
been good and costs have been reasonable.

Last week, a ham posted an invoice for repair by the new owners of Ten
Tec for his Orion II. It was just short of $1K.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to bobchor...@yahoo.com