Hi Phil,

Just to clarify: Both the KX3 and K3/K3S are SDRs. A major difference between
these rigs and something like the IC-7300 or Flex 6xxx series is that our
A-to-D converters (ADCs) are protected from wideband interference by a
narrowband I.F. The K3/K3S uses crystal filters, while the KX3 uses precision,
narrowband low-pass filters.

In direct-sampling SDRs, the ADC is right at the front end of the radio,
protected only by wideband LC filters. The result is typically 15-20 dB lower
blocking dynamic range. More subtle is the effect of multiple signals, which
can combine in phase to hit the limit of the ADC, resulting in unwanted images.

It's a tradeoff; a direct-sampling SDR can allow you to look at multiple MHz of
bandwidth on its spectrum display, if that's of interest.

Wayne
N6KR