Using dimension lumber meaning 1 x 12 and 2 x 2 as such, for the shelves use 1 x 12. Then using a length of 2 x 2, rabbit a 3/4" x 3/4" edge. This edge or notch will fit nicely under the front and back edge of the shelf material. I gives a finished look and added structural support and is easy to attach. I do suggest using Titebond II as a glue between all joints. Then face frame with 3/4 x 1 1/2 finished material. I made mine from solid cherry I had available in the shop. Then stained with a natural stain and finished with two coats of a semigloss urethane finish.

I always allow 1" between pieces of equipment unless there is provision on the equipment for side ventilation. If so, a minimum of 2" is a good choice. Same for the back, allow 2" minimum for ventilation and cables and connectors. Vertically again 1" from the equipment to the underside of the upper shelf.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S s/n 10,163