We're hitting the posting limit on this one. Let's wind it down in the next 3-4 posts at most. Then thread closed for now.

Eric
/elecraft.com/

Doing so reduces any IR drop on power supply wiring by a factor of 2
or 3.

Higher voltage - 24 or 40 V results in decreasing the voltage drop by a
factor or 4 or 9.  The voltage drop is a function of current *squared*.

24 or 48 volt finals certainly produce much cleaner signals as the
active devices are not likely to be driven into current saturation
*or* cutoff in order to reach useful power output where the 12V devices
are pushed to the wall to make 100W output.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV