Am I missing something? Why would one want to use an amplified speaker on a
K3 since the radio already has an amplifier? Doing so would seem to invite
distortion and RF pickup. The K3's audio output is supposed to have a 4 ohm
load and computer speakers are probably closer to 1000 ohms. It's almost
like having no load at all. I don't think that's good for the K3's output
chip.

I have the West Mtn. speakers here and they sound rather poor compared to
almost any comparable computer speaker.

Steve N4LQ