Ronnie,

There are many newcomers to this list, and I for one do not mind repeating an answer to something that has been hashed over before. Sorry to hear that you have encountered some "nasty spoilsports". I may encourage newcomers to review the list archives to provide additional information, but I will never admonish a newcomer for asking a question. This is an email list, and not a FAQ listing.

Back to the speakers question, Elecraft has recently released the SP3 which works great with the K3 and K3S, but if you have the KX3 in your home station, you really need amplified speakers. As I stated before, shielded speakers are a 'must' because most amplified computer speakers will 'howl' in the presence of RF (it depends on the band). At the workbench, I have that situation with my standard issue computer speakers even at 10 watts working into a dummy load. Since I know what to expect (and I am just testing at the workbench, not operating, I ignore it, but that would not be tolerated for the hamshack). If you need good shielded and amplified speakers, I can vouch for the West Mountain Radio COMspkr. It works FB with my KX3 with KXPA100. With the K3, non-amplified speakers work fine, and I will continue to use my bargain basement RS Optimus speakers. If you have the K3 or K3S and are looking for speakers, the Elecraft SP3 is a great choice (it is not an amplified speaker) and matches the K3, K3S for those who like matching components.

73,
Don W3FPR