I've gotten many good tips but my USB audio is still dead.  So I
simplified my attempt like this:

Mic+Lin         off
Mic Sel         Line In
Line Level     60 (max)
Nothing plugged into Line In

Set up Audacity loop playing audio file with Speaker output as USB Audio Codec
I see the Windows Sound Playback level jumping up and down as expected
- audio is going to the device

Push PTT on K3s and absolutely no tx audio

Is there anything I'm possibly missing?

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU