Hi Guys

Thanks Don, Matt and others answering on my issue.

I have now seen the light. I was deeply in to a engineering mode, where i tried
to do everything according to spec. The spec on the XV144 say
IF input from 28MHz to 30MHz and a output from 144-146 MHz. Then the thing need
to operate in that area and the natural place for alignment
would be 145MHz in the midt of the window. And being in engineering mode my
thinking was that the K2 was designed to match the XV144

Now you guys brought me back to real world. Why would I run the transverter
with K2 That do not do FM above 144.8, that in Denmark are
the border line to the the FM area (144.8 and up.)

So trying to cover most used areas for CW and SSB i should properly align at
144.3. Where the output from K2 should be at full level and no
issues should be seen.

Sometime i guess my education is of no use where looking at all the spec and
stuff are the thing to do, when just a little common sense it
needed. :-)

Br.

OZ1BZJ Michael

A engineer proberly expirence what one rock band has called a Momentary Lapse
of Reason

On Tue Feb 21 23:15 , "Don Wilhelm" sent:

Michael,

That is normal - the K2 spec for 10 meter coverage is 28.0 to 28.8 MHz at 10
watts output and it falls off more rapidly at the high frequency end than
the low end.
You may be able to increase the usable coverage at the expense of the
maximum available output by peaking the 10 meter bandpass filter at some
frequency higher than the 28.2 point that is indicated in the manual. I
would suggest peaking at 28.8 or even higher if you need to achieve good
power output over the entire 28.0 to 30.0 MHz. If you do that, check the
maximum power output at both ends of your chosen band and try to balance the
maximum available power at both ends - adjust the peaking frequency up or
down to achieve good coverage over your desired range.

73,
Don W3FPR