HI

That is also excatly what the userguide are saying. But if it is true what
mentioned in this thread, that the power fall off fast approaching
29MHZ then it is hard to do with the K2, as mentioned i can hardly get 1/3 of
the 1 mW out at the 145.5 on the Xv or 29.5 on the low power
from the K2. and about 1-2 W on a 10 W setting on high power out.
So if this is normal behaivur of the K2, then it do not make much sense to me
to align at 29.5 MHz. Ofcause the option is that the band filter on
my K2 is having wrong centre and that the power fall off quicker then on other
K2.

So there for my idea of tunning the XV with in the good area of the K2, that
still cover all the  CW and SSB part in OZ.

A issue that would be good to get clear on as i have a XV50 comming to me soon.

OZ1BZJ..

Michael.

On Wed Feb 22 13:38 , "John D"Ausilio" sent:

My understanding is that you peak the gain at 145.5 in order to
achieve a reasonable compromise between gain and noise figure at the
low end of 144 ..

de w1rt/john

> Hi Guys
>
> Thanks Don, Matt and others answering on my issue.
>
> I have now seen the light. I was deeply in to a engineering mode, where i
> tried to do everything according to spec. The spec on the XV144
say
> IF input from 28MHz to 30MHz and a output from 144-146 MHz. Then the thing
> need to operate in that area and the natural place for
alignment