For general day to day operating, I normally use the K2 in SPLIT mode
(with the flashing V over A on the front panel) and have the
Secondary Menu option set to PER.

I use Logger 32 connected to the DX Cluster through the Internet and
have noticed that when I click onto a Cluster spot, the K2 correctly
goes to the frequency and mode of the spot, but the SPLIT option is
cancelled and the K2 returns to its default setting of no SPLIT.
This happens whether the Secondary Menu SPLT option is set to NOR or
PER.

Is this the norm, and if so is anyone aware of a mod that can be done
to prevent it happening, please?

It is especially annoying when a DX station working split is spotted
on the Cluster.  The K2 is correctly sent to the DX station's
transmitting frequency, and after using the A/B button to find the DX
station's listening frequency, I transmit only to find I am
transmitting on the DX station's transmitting frequency because the
SPLIT option has been cancelled and I have forgotten to switch it
back on again.

Of course, this can be got round by hitting the SPLIT button after
clicking on the spot, but in the heat of the chase for the DX
station, I often forget to do this.  In any case, in a well designed
radio (like the K2) it should not be necessary to have to remember to
do this.

Although I don't use the K2's RIT option, the same thing happens with
that, it is cancelled when you click on to a Cluster spot.

I use N1MM Logger for contesting and the same thing happens when you
click on a DX station in that program.  The problem must therefore be
with the design of the K2 and not the logging program.

I searched the Elecraft Reflector Archives for an answer and found
that WA2DGD asked the same question in July 2001.  Larry was using
the DX4WIN logging program and the answer provided was to use the
TS850-TS950 option in DX4WIN for setting the radio, but Logger 32
only has a KENWOOD ALL option, which is the only one that works with
the K2, and N1MM Logger specifically has an Elecraft setting.

Thanks for any help.

73 de Chris, G4BUE