Not necessarily. There is no good reason to bond the radio to the vehicle. It is, however, necessary to have good RF connection at the antenna between the coax shield and the body so that it can act as a counterpoise. That connection could be through a good RF capacitor. In this were done, I see no reason why powering the radio directly from the battery would be problematic, or would interfere with that system.

Also, it seems to me that the system you describe is only viable with electric or hybrid vehicles. There are other significantly greater issues with installation of a HF radio in these vehicles.

73, Jim K9YC