On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 13:39 -0400, Mark Tosiello wrote:
> HI,
>
> I to have always used only Amphenol connectors. However, this year, in
> putting up another Gap Challenger, I am using a DXE pl259 at the
> antenna
> coax end. DXE connectors have worked well for me in the past in
> another
> application, are silver plated brass and the dialectric is PTFE. I've
> spoken to many hams who have had good results with them. I'm not
> affiliated
> with DXE in any way, just a satisfied customer. Anyone else use DXE
> PL259s?
>
> Mark KD8EDC

I also use DXE PL-259 connectors and have had zero issues with them as
well...  They are far cheaper than Amphenol connectors.  I have used DXE
connectors for the past 5 years, some outside with no coverings but
protected from most of the rain, and have had zero issues with them.
--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)