I used BOOTCAMP to set aside a portion of my hard drive for Windows and
installed Win8.1 (now upgraded to 10).  Now I can boot into either OS and use
it.  Works great.  MAC hardware runs windows better than my old HP laptop.

I also purchased VMWare Fusion and used the Bootcamp partition as my virrtual
machine,

Now I have the best of both worlds,

…bill nr4c