Da: Don Wilhelm
Inviato: giovedì 13 ottobre 2016 14:30
A: Gian Luca Cazzola; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Rispondi a: donw...@embarqmail.com
Oggetto: Re: [Elecraft] K3S - K3 Noise Blanker and Noise Reductor

Ian,

A noise blanker will work best on impulse noise - such as automotive
ignition noise or lightning spikes. It needs a fast pulse rise time to
trigger.

A noise blanker works by punching a hole in the signal - and if the
holes are too wide or too frequent, you will find what is left of the
signal path to be distorted.

A noise blanker will not work on band noise or other forms of more
constant noise. That is what Noise Reduction is for.

Noise Reduction works on correlation - the algorithm looks for what
might be a real signal and builds a filter around it.

73,
Don W3FPR