Don, sorry, but the NB doesnt work even on statics caused by rain or snow.
I really think that it doesn’t work well.
I tried it ON and with different settings, but in no way I could appreciate it.
If it work on impulse woodpeaker noise i really dont care: woodpeaker doesnt
exist now.
But today we have other radar noises on which the K3S doesnt work.
So it seem to me useless.
Also, the noise reduction of NR is really limited, I have not great results
using  it.
But, please say me: on your K3 do you sometime need to use NB and NR? And how
you regulated them in the menu?

> Il giorno 13 ott 2016, alle ore 14:27, Don Wilhelm <>
> ha scritto:
> Ian,
> A noise blanker will work best on impulse noise - such as automotive ignition
> noise or lightning spikes.  It needs a fast pulse rise time to trigger.
> A noise blanker works by punching a hole in the signal - and if the holes are
> too wide or too frequent, you will find what is left of the signal path to be
> distorted.
> A noise blanker will not work on band noise or other forms of more constant
> noise.  That is what Noise Reduction is for.
> Noise Reduction works on correlation - the algorithm looks for what might be
> a real signal and builds a filter around it.
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
> On 10/13/2016 8:11 AM, Gian Luca Cazzola wrote:
>> I am tha satisfied owner of an Elecraft K3S. I think that for a cw operator
>> (I work 99percent CW) it is a great rig, can be the absolute best on the ham
>> rigs market.
>> It has only a really poor noise blanker.
>> I live in a town, downtown. I have noise from residential electric lights or
>> other electrical gears. I see on my P3 panadaptor‎ noise from radar or other
>> military wide trasmission.
>> On none of these noises the NB work.
>> I tried different NB setting, but each, IF NB and DSP NB, none of them
>> reduce really noises.
>> Only NR seem to have a limited little effective ‎ result on band noise.
>> I would like your opinion about NB and NR and know from  K3 es K3S owners
>> living ‎in town how they set them.

Elecraft mailing list

This list hosted by:
Please help support this email list: