73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/

On 10/18/2016 2:51 PM, n...@comcast.net wrote:
Hi Eric,
Just curious/devils advocate question. Was this unit that was reviewed, picked
at random from stock at Elecraft? If so, or not, wouldn't it's performance be
reflective of a population of other units manufactured? Just curious how you
can say all others shipped were/are OK on 17, when the review unit was not?
Just asking. Also curious, when radios are factory built and aligned, does Elecraft keep some kind of history data base of performance measurements of hose radios. kind od like a Certificate of Analysis/Performance, of specifications? Thanks and 73, Gene N9TF
K3S 10057

----- Original Message -----

From: "Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft" <e...@elecraft.com>
To: "Jim Rogers" <jim.w4...@gmail.com>, "elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S QST Article

Hi Jim - The 17 m harmonic problem was limited to the single review unit, which
we corrected. All others shipped were/are OK on 17M.

73,

Eric
/elecraft.com/

On 10/18/2016 11:38 AM, Jim Rogers wrote:
To all who responded, certainly my friend Don and others....

"During initial testing, we found that the second harmonic on 17 meters
measured 42 dB below the fundamental, well below the specified >50 dB we
measured on the other bands. We returned the transceiver to Elecraft for
repair and they brought it into spec." Bob Allison, WB1GCM Assistant ARRL
Laboratory Manager, QST (Nov 2016) p.50 sidebar.

Elecraft K3s Operators manual pg. 9 "Harmonic Spurious Outputs >50 dB below
carrier @ 100W (>60 dB on 6 meters).

Just sayin' if that is the case with my K3s s/n 10271, send me the necessary
board/module(s) to correct the situation and I will be more than happy to make
the replacement in my K3s and return the defective units to Elecraft for
rework. Just don't ask me to send the whole radio back for something I can
accomplish in the field.

I am not angry, perhaps a bit dissappointed.  I love my K-Line, which
originated with a K3 and when the K3s came out, I elected to buy a K3s rather
than upgrade my K3. Tell me my radio meets the spec and does not need repair
to meet the spec and I am a happy camper.

Jim, W4ATK

Message delivered to eric.swa...@elecraft.com

Message delivered to n...@comcast.net

Message delivered to eric.swa...@elecraft.com