I like the size and weight of K3 also.  K3 fits right underneath the seat in
front of you as a carry on, and K3 is as good or better than an Orion or
FT-5000 that will not fit in there, hi!  What other contest radio can do this?

Elecraft K2/100.  Yes, you can build it with the separate receive antenna and
with computer control of the radio.

Of course K3 has other advantages, like diversity receive which is routine at
n2cei 160m station in FL.  Plus there is a second K3 for S & P of mults.  This
requires the K3 lock-out feature so that only one K3 is transmitting.

And there is remote control.  This year in CQ 160m contest  I couldn't make the
trip to FL so the n2cei group sent to me the other half of the remote gear and
I operated my leg of n2cei M/M 160m anyway, from Idaho.

Cool.

73, Will, wj9b, ID
occasional multi- op at big-gun ny4a NC and 160m superstation n2cei FL

CWops #1085
CWA Advisor levels II and III
http://cwops.org/