Here's the old trade-off between radiating efficiency and ease of matching for an end fed wire. The EFHW is more efficient, because little power goes into the ground system, but its high impedance is harder to match. A wire of a different length may be easier to match, but more power goes into the ground system, where it doesn't radiate much. Both will work but, I believe, on average the EFHW will be a bit better. Is it worth the trouble? Who knows?

Antenna discussions have long had a tendency to focus on SWR. Low SWR does not necessarily mean an antenna is effective. There's an old saying, "The SWR of a dummy load is 1:1."

73,

Scott  K9MA