On occasion I've run into RF in my KX3 when using a coax to feed random
length antenna. The symptom was that the radio wouldn't transmit with
anything other than trivial power, even though the tuner matched easily. A
quick choke wound out of the coax helped a little, but the Elecraft BL2
stopped the problem.

Personally I don't worry too much about the match when the radio is close
to the "antenna" if the tuner matches.

- Brendon