> Messing with the sub-receiver is such a PITA that I will procrastinate
> putting a new filter in for weeks before I gather the courage to pull it
> apart.

I can't see spending the money for shipping and insurance, not to mention
factory charges for relatively simple work, over fear of the sub receiver.

I've had mine in and out ( and in and out and ...) a bunch over the years and,
while it might seem fiddly without a bit of patience and due care, never had a
real issue with it.  It's always seemed to drop right in.  Had it out a few
weeks ago for the 'n'th time to put the LF receive mods in.

Or maybe I've just had a lot of practice ? :)

Grant NQ5T