Just this afternoon I looked at some of those sizable spots.  I stopped by the
Telescope store (Cloud Break Optics) in Ballard (Seattle) to look at
telescopes.  They had one big 12 inch reflector telescope set up in the parking
lot looking at the sun (with a solar filter of course). I got a chance to look
through it and see one group of sun spots that could easily be counted and you
could even see the different shapes of each of the spots.

73, phil, K7PEH