Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:12 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] WSJT-X K3/K3s hanging as Tx

For those using WSJT-X, sometimes I find
the K3s is locked as transmit but there is
no RF being sent and no Rx from the K3.

Looking at the P3 I see a jitter on the
upper half of the screen as if there was a
tiny output but no Rf is seen on any of
the three SWR meters in line (K3s, AP3 &
LP-100A).

I couldn't get WSJT to receive, looked at
the settings, all were correct and as is
sometimes needed with WSJT-X, I rebooted
to get it to work properly but it still
did not lock onto the K3s frequency.
Rebooted again and then I realized the K3s
was in that TX condition with both the red
& yellow LEDs lit and that jitter on the
P3 upper screen.

This happens every so often and what I
have to do is touch any of the buttons on
the K3s and it disengages this situation.
I did that to deal with the issue I
mentioned above. I could restart the K3s
but then I'd have to restart LP-Bridge and
wait, so I use the quick fix.

Anyone experience this and figure out how
to prevent it?

Thanks!

73,

Gary