Folks,

I seem to have ignited a fire-storm that
was not at all what I was trying to
accomplish, I was just stating an issue
and asking if others had experienced this
and it seems like the topic has taken on
legs.

I am a novice at WSJT-X but I can't help
but feel that it is a program that is
genius but immature. I say this expressly
because I run N1MM, MMTTY, logic 9 and my
GPSDO all with LP bridge but WSJT-X wants
to have total dominion over the operating
system as far as the ports go.

I have found a way to finagle it to work
with LP bridge but not because WSJT-X has
any interest in that being the case.
Considering how many people are having
trouble with ports and that program, it
seems like the problem to me is within the
program itself and how it approaches using
ports. If the other programs can use the
virtual ports without issue, it doesn't
make sense that WSJT-X has to have
dominion. I'm sure that after enough
complaints and enough time, that the
authors will attend to this problem.

It is only when I use WSJT-X that I have
the issue that I mentioned in my initial
post which is hanging of the transmit
function without sending RF out the
antenna. No other program or situation
causes this to happen, only WSJT-X so as
far as I'm concerned it is a buggy program
but a genius program at the same time,
what it does is amazing and it is free no
less. My only interest in posting was to
find if somebody has found a way of
getting around this bug.

When it comes to the idea of RF getting
back in the shack, I never get any RF back
in the shack to disturb anything when I
use my antennas that are almost 400 feet
from the house using 1 inch hardline get
to them. The only time I ever have any
issue with RF in the shack is if I use the
tri-band on top of the house and I rarely
use that because of RFI in the
neighborhood.

For this transmit-state issue to happen
when I am running barefoot to an antenna
almost 400 feet away which is tuned
beautifully and I need no transmatch and
me running barefoot... it is not RFI in
the shack causing this problem. I do lay
it squarely on the shoulders of the WSJT-X
software for it never ever happens at any
other time then when I am running this
specific software.

I really don't want this topic to run to
the point that it becomes something Eric
has to shut down so maybe it's best just
to leave it and I will keep pushing a
button on the front panel to unlock the
transmit condition when it engages when
WSJT-X goes rogue.

The only way I can reproduce the problem
every time ( And FWIW, PTT-Key is set to
off-off) is to go into the WSJT-X
settings, select Radio, click on test PTT
and it creates this exact condition. If I
exit settings without clicking on Test PTT
again to shut the state off, the K3s is
then left in this transmit state with no
RF being made.

The solution is to tap a button on the K3s
front panel and all is fine again.

The problem appears to me to be a still
buggy WSJT-X issue that the authors have
not yet become interested in attending to.
I would just like to know how to have a
workaround to get around this error until
they fix it. As it is it has become
tiresome.

73,

Gary