I think this is a very important aspect of station design and a big
consideration for any future amp purchase I make.

I'd like to respectfully suggest that Elecraft consider designing a
bulletproof 16x2 antenna switch rated for 5KW and 10:1 SWR (and lots of
isolation between ports) that integrates seamlessly with the amp and
tuner.

There is typically a need to switch both antennas and high power bandpass
filters, or at least the high cost of high power bandpass filters makes
using only one for each band (via switching) very useful.

So when the amp QSYs to 40m the ideal scenario allows the switching in of a
40m bandpass filter after the amp, and then whichever antennas are usable
on 40m, with the tuner knowing which antenna was chosen so that it can
switch to the previously known settings for instant TX.

73,
Matt NQ6N