How are you keying the K3, VOX or PTT?

It's not clear from the email, are the K3 and KX3  on separate computers on just different sound cards in the same computer?

73, Dennis NJ6G

On 2/22/2018 14:22, James Bennett wrote:
Got a question about using my K3 with WSJT-X 1.8.0 with FT8

I started looking at the “time bar” in WSJT-X and when the K3’s red TX light
comes on with the meter showing RF going out. It is between 1.5 and 2 seconds
after the beginning of the new 15 second sequence! In that short duration, I am
hearing other stations’ signals coming through on my headphones, so I know that
other folks are getting their rig to transmit right at the start of the 15
second sequence. If mine is coming on 1.5 - 2 seconds late, I’m thinking I may
not always get decoded on the other end.

So, I switched over to my KX3 running the same version of WSJT-X and observed
what happened there. No delay - when the new 15 second sequence starts, the KX3
goes into transmit almost immediately.

Both the KX3 and the K3 are connected to two identical Tascam USB125M external
sound cards.

Is there some setting on the K3 that is causing my transmissions to fire off a
tad late?

Jim / W6JHB