Hi all,

I have the same problem. Anytime I change something, like band, power or a
number of other things, power starts up ridiculously low and creeps *very*
slowly up to the 100W mark. Even without changing anything the actual peak
power on a transmission can be anywhere between 80 and 120W as indicated by
my LP-100A. I am not sure if this is a problem with K3S only. I still have
my old K3 but don't use it often enough to know if this is a K3S problem
only. I understand Elecraft's policy on not relying on a fast ALC to to
control power like most of the big three do (causing IMD), but really, does
it have to be this slow? This is on a fairly new K3S which has been back to
the factory twice to get the latest upgrades to the transmitter chain. My
experience is all SSB with 100W set for the power level.

AB2TC - Knut

Wes Stewart-2 wrote

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/