Just wanted to post a quick update. Since this problem started
happening on 1 Mar 2018, I searched the archives and found the previous
version of lib32-harfbuzz.  After installing that version of the
package, now all the Elecraft linux utilities are working again on my
system.

https://archive.archlinux.org/repos/2018/02/28/multilib/os/x86_64/lib32
-harfbuzz-1.7.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

You can install this on Arch systems with the following command:

pacman -U /path/to/lib32-harfbuzz-1.7.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

If you do install this package, be sure to blacklist it from being
upgraded by placing the following line /etc/pacman.conf:

IgnorePkg   = lib32-harfbuzz

Rob