Hi Knut,

Because it relates to problems using our utility software his posting is certainly pertinent here. We have a lot of users who run our Utility s/w under Linux and the solution to his problem will help others. Just because you are not interested in a posting does not mean its inappropriate and does not interest others on the list. (The delete key is a wonderful tool to quickly eliminate those you do not wish to read..)

Also, your posting below used the word 'period' at the end is what I referred to as rude and in essence orders them to take it elsewhere.

"Ths Linux gobbledygook has no place here, period."

It sounds like a parent disciplining a child. Neither a polite nor a respectful statement to another discussion list member. The last thing we want to do is to scare others away from asking questions or helping other on the list.

If you have concerns about a posting please feel free to contact the list moderator and do -not- post them to the list. The moderator is the only list participant allowed to make any decisions about the appropriateness of a posting and to contact a poster or post on the list about them.

Whew! - I guess people have been spending way too little time on the air and way too much time on the internet lately.. ;-)  I'm out of time on this topic - so let's end the discussion for now.

73,

Eric   WA6HHQ
List moderator - when I have time away from my daily responsibilities at
Elecraft..