[OT] Phil's comment about PO boxes reminds me to remind readers about two
lesser known shipping concepts:

   1. Anyone with a PO box knows that they are for USPS mail only and won't
   accept mail from couriers like FedEx and UPS. Except that some individual
   POs will let you have a package shipped by courier to the Post Office's own
   street address plus your box number in some disguised format. You have to
   talk to your postmaster.
   2. In some rural areas, maybe others as well, some couriers subcontract
   final delivery to the USPS. That's fine if you have a mailbox, even if the
   package is too big to fit and the mail carrier leaves it on your porch or
   under your rural mailbox. But if you don't have a home mailbox or legal
   mail slot, and a courier accepts a package addressed to your street
   address, and then hands it off to the PO for delivery, USPS will return the
   package to sender because it violates THEIR (USPS's) rules. The courier's
   rules no longer apply. Catch 22 of sorts. (The one time it happened to me,
   the shipper cancelled the order, refunded my money, then the product went
   on sale a few weeks later and I reordered, saving $200, sort of poetic
   justice. Don't count on it!)

/Rick N6XI

Rick Tavan
Truckee, CA