Hi Paul,

I'm probably the source of this, although W8JI and W4TV have also raised this issue. See comments below.

On 4/10/2018 11:48 AM, paul ecker via Elecraft wrote:
I have been working on bonding my station equipment and have come the issue of
bonding/RFI fixes to the VS-35M. I have read that it is suggested to scrape the
paint around the green wire from the ac round plug attachment point to the case.

Yes, VERY important.

But there is also a small black wire that bonds the V- terminal to the case.
Should the paint around that screw also be removed?

Yes, IF you want to bond V-.

  Does that negative rail need to be bonded to the chassis?

No, and in general, it should NOT be bonded.

AND proper station bonding is quite important.

Study http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf  and/or N0AX's new ARRL book on the subject, which parallels my work. (My slide show pdf is free.) :)

73, Jim K9YC