Hello,
      I noticed this power output anomaly today while trying to work the NSS
station. My K3 was in split mode, transmitting on 10.113.5.  While I was
listening on 9.448 (the NSS transmit frequency), I noticed that even though my
K3 power level was set at 100 watts, the K3 was only putting out about 20
watts. Two different power meters (the K3 internal meter and an outboard
LP-100A) gave me the 20 watt reading.
     When I listened on my transmit frequency of 10.113.5, I was getting the
full 100 watts out.  A quick investigation showed that as I tuned my listening
frequency down, I got the full 100 watts out until I got to about 9.850 mHz.
When I listened below that, K3 transmit power on 10.113.5 dropped immediately
down to 20 watts.
     Not sure why I am seeing this?  One additional note – I hear a relay click
inside the K3 when I tune my receive frequency below 9.850. I see the anomaly
with the subreceiver either on or off.
--Ed—

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---