Hi Wayne,

The MARS to ham band K3 cross-band problem affects every band,
but it was extremely severe on 30 meters because the NSS assigned
frequency -- 9448 kHz -- was almost 700 kHz from our typical
10128 kHz receiving frequency.

Since switching between the K3 bandpass filters and the KBPF3
band pass filters at T/R rates isn't a workable solution, how about
this external BNC cable solution since my K3 transceivers have
KRX3 sub receivers?

If I understand the K3 internal receiver antenna switching correctly
a single external BNC jumper cable allows the K3 to transmit and
receive on VFO A on MARS frequencies and listen to any amateur
band on the sub receiver:

- Connect the RX ANT OUT connector to the RX ANT IN connector

- Tap the main RX ANT button which connects ANT 1 to the RX ANT OUT
connector and switches the input of the main receiver to the RX ANT IN
connector (connected by the external BNC cable to RX ANT OUT)

- Tap SUB to turn the sub receiver on

- Hold BSET and tap ANT to set the sub receiver input to MAIN. This
allows the subreceiver to listen on the RX ANT connected to the main
receiver.

I'm sorry I didn't think of this yesterday...

tks

73
Frank
W3LPL