Most, if not all analog measurement devices are spec'd at % of full scale which can lead to high absolute variances if the levels being measured are significantly below full scale.  A Bird with a 100W slug accurate to 10% of full scale [+/- 5W] would be within spec if it indicated a real 10 W signal at 5 W.  Many folks would say, "My K2/10 will only produce half the power it should."  Most digital measurements involve processing circuitry/computation, again which can introduce errors in the lower end of a range, and be dependent on frequency as well.

Mathematics can be hard.  Arithmetic can be tricky. [:-)

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County