The configuration file is not intended to be readable by users, but is a file that can restore your K3's configuration painlessly in case you have to do an EEINIT (a reset to factory defaults).

That reset will lose all your option settings and calibration information. If you do not have a saved configuration file, all that will be lost and you will have to set up your K3 manually and go through all the calibration steps - not a trivial process.

73,
Don W3FPR