The Saved Configuration file is automatically date and time stamped.   Although I don't know of a way to "see what's different",  before I go tampering with any of the values in my K3S, I save a configuration.  That way when and yes I said "when" I get things messed up I can easily go back to the previous values.   WHEW!   These files go back to the original or last trip to Elecraft where they did updates an did an alignment.

Likewise with my computer.  Before I do "house cleaning" or maintenance, or update software, I always create an incremental backup plus set a current  RESTORE point.   This has saved my "you know what" on many occasions.    OH, when was the last time you did a full back-up of your computer?   If it wasn't in the last 30 days then I'd say it is obvious you don't care about your data. Ever tried reloading the operating system from scratch and bringing it up to date with updates and applications you've installed.  It is at least a couple of days work.    Just sayin'.

73

Bob, K4TAX