I normally use speakers - but the hamshack is in a quiet place.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 11/25/2018 7:49 AM, Charlie T wrote:
To quote that ancient Chinese philosopher:  Sum-Ting-Wong...."

Find that and your "howls" will go away.

There's far too many satisfied users of the CM-500's for anything that
drastic to be the norm.

73, Charlie k3ICH

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Edward R Cole
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:24 AM
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] FS: New CM500 headset

I bought a new Yamaha CM500 headset last spring to compare with AntLion boom
mic.
The AntLion attaches to my trusty Sony MDR-V800 stereo headset and got good
reports on the air.

I tried the CM500 and immediately my hearings howled with feedback even with
headset not connected to a radio.  Totally unsuitable for use by me so I am
selling the CM500 (which I bought for $59.99) asking $48.00 (including
priority mail shipping which cost me $13.65).  Current best price is $58.29
on Amazon.com with free shipping.  You save $10.29.

I prefer PayPal but will accept check or money order.

73, Ed - KL7UW
    http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
    dubus...@gmail.com