This will be my final post on this topic which has morphed to hearing loss.

I had my annual hearing test today. I asked for a chart and out of curiosity we looked back to my first exam in 1996 which resulted initially getting hearing aids. Apparently little change but my audiologist remarked that i had significant loss even back then at age 52.

I will summarize the chart L-ear/R-ear:
250-1000 Hz -55 dB
1000-1500 Hz -60/65 dB
1500-3000 Hz -80/70 dB
3000-4000 Hz -80/80 dB
>4000 Hz -110 dB/95 dB Equipment unable to produce sounds that I can detect - essentially deaf above 4-KHz. testing speech recognition without hearing aids I get about 50% understanding - mostly via right earl

My hearings are 22-ch A/D and we made some radical adjustments including a feature that translated some sounds at high freq to a lower freq where I have better hearing. Anti-feedback is right on margin which would explain sensitivity to the CM500 headset. She made several adjustments to equalize my hearing for each ear. Really works much better so will be interested to see how that affects hearing weak-signals (aka eme signals).

Probably a good point to end this discussion on the list. Contact me off list if you want further comment.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com