Hi all,
I still have a CM-500 sitting here but rarely use it now.
Just before CQWW CW in Nov I purchased an Inrad W1 headset. Outstanding
performance, and 0 fatigue on your ears. While it doesn't claim to be a noise
cancelling headset, with the high kerosene heater noise in my unheated garage
shack, it did seem to lower the noise considerably.
For those in noisy environments, I recommend the Bose QC35 or QC25. These are
true noise cancelling headphones and are pricy (I was fortunate to get mine
free with United Airlines mileage that was expiring). I also have a Heil Proset
which I like, but ears are sore after a 48hr contest.

I've used all of these on the K3 and/or Icom 7700,7800, and 756 Pro III.

73 and HNY.
Darrell AB2E

________________________________

> On Jan 11, 2019, at 11:08 AM, N2TK, Tony <tony....@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> I had bought ear pad replacement covers for KOSS UR20, UR30 and SB40 that fit
> the CM-500 fine. I think they were $9 for a pair. It didn't take long to
> replace. It is a little pain getting the three screws lined up to assemble.
> 73,
> N2TK, Tony

Message delivered to a...@hotmail.com

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>